Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Get Ready for bikini season!

Hello Ladies,
Summer is only a couple of months ago. Thinking about those cute bikinis? Well then it is time to get back into shape. I am a ‘sportsaholic’, I need my sports, it is my way of getting the bad energy out of my system. With 3 kids, it is not always easy to do, so I try to get straight to the point. I have a great coach helping me…Whenever I can’t see him I have a few DVDs that I am hooked on!

David Kirsch
He is the one who put Heidi Klum back into shape after her pregnancies, it gives you an idea! He also proposes good diets!
I have 2 of his DVDs, they’re great. One is a boot camp! That’s really hard. The other one is divided into upper body and lower body…So if you don’t have time you can always do one or the other.
http://davidkirschwellness.com/

Tracy Anderson
She is Hollywood’s favorite…If you don’t mind the pain and want the results, oh my god!!!! Then go for it! She got Gwyneth Paltrow into shape for Iron Man 2…..I know I only have perfect examples!
I have her DVDs!  Her method is different than everything else I have ever tried.  Next time I go to LA, I will definitely go to her studio (She has one in New York city as well and in the Hamptons).
http://tracyandersonmethod.com/


I’ve practiced Pilates as well. I do it sporadically, and it feels powerful. I’ve done it intensively when I spent the summer in LA and I loved my instructor, she was amazing. For those who want to give it a go, I’ve read this article about Mari Winsor who is a Pilates ‘guru’. I’ve tried one of her DVD and it is great.
http://www.winsorfit.com/



Running is my thing. I always pack a pair of running shoes wherever I go…So convenient! It clears my mind and I feel so ‘clean’ and empowered after a good run!

When I really don’t have time and I need to just do something, I sometimes go for the Power Plate. I am still a little bit skeptical about it because I need to sweat and suffer when I exercise, but I've seen results.

Whenever I go to the US, I like to buy the magazine Shape….It gives me different ideas for quick work out or diets. I haven’t been able to find it in Belgium so I go online…I don't go for everything they say, because it might be a bit extreme from time to time, but it gives you different perspectives.
They propose a variety of articles about Fitness, DVD, eating healthy, weight loss, beauty and style, health, etc.
http://www.shape.com/

For those who don’t’ believe in DVDs or magazines, I’ve asked my coach (Romain Perrotin, www.actifit.be) to do a quick routine work out. I hope you’ll like it!

Toned in 10 minutes!

Do 15 reps for each exercise, repeat it twice.
If you have time, stretching afterwards is always a good idea.
Thighs:
  1. Squats: stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Flex your knees keeping them aligned with your toes and keeping your back straight. Go down until your knees from a 90° angle, and go back up.
  2. Lunges: Stand with one foot at front and the other behind with legs widely apart. Flex down until the back leg almost reaches the floor and go back up. Do the same with other side.

Back thighs:
  1. Stand straight, feet together. Flex one knee, bringing your heel as high as you can. Go back down slowly without putting the foot on the floor, and repeat.

Butt:
  1. Stand on all fours, back straight, hands below shoulder. Stretch one leg and the opposite arm. Come back to initial position without touching ground and repeat.
  2. Lean on a table or desk, back and legs straight. Bend one knee with a 90° angle and push the leg towards the ceiling keeping the angle, and repeat.

Chest and calfs:
  1. Stand straight facing a wall, 60 cm away from and place your hands on it at shoulders-height. Go up on your tippy toes and keep core tight. Bend your arms, leaning against the wall and at the same time put your heels back on the ground. Push away from the wall and go back up on your toes, and repeat.

Triceps and thighs:
  1. Sit on the end of a chair with your hands next to your thighs. Push away from the chair as if sitting in the air, keeping the angle with your knees. Stretch right leg and go down until your but is almost on the floor. Push back up with your arms, always keeping the leg stretched. Do one set and repeat with other leg. 

Little tips:
  1. When you brush your teeth, bring your leg up and down sidewise. Do reps for 1 min on each side.
  2. Sitting on chair, hold on to it with your hands and stretch and flex your legs fro 1 min.
  3. Wherever you can, pull in your belly and tighten butt for 1 min, repeat 3 times.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner