Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10 fun things to do with your kids in Brussels!

Whenever I travel with y children, I always look up for fun activities to do with them. With time I’ve come with quite a few things for London, Paris, New-York, Los Angeles, …
As I am from Brussels, I though that I should start with it! I know that not all of you will have the opportunity to come to Brussels…but if you ever do so, at least you’ll go for the good things!
Other cities will come soon!

I’ve tried to have a mix of indoor and outdoor activities…As it rains most of the time, I’ve become quite good at tracking indoors ones!!! But with 2 boys (very full of energy!!!!) outdoors are important as well! So, here is my list:

1.  Fun museums
-Natural science museum
My 3 children love it! The boys are so happy with the dinosaurs and the insects and stuff! The museum proposes also a variety of interactive activities, with fake bones in the sand and others, this is just right for my girl who loves to get all hands in.
www.sciencesnaturelles.be
-Le Musée des enfants
This is just so much fun….As its name mentions it, it’s just for kids, they love it!
www.museedesenfants.be
-Technopolis
Also quite interactive, lots fun plus learning at the same time!
www.technopolis.be


2.  Grab a bite (kids friendly)
These are the place that I like and I often go to with them. I sure there are plenty of good other ones, these are just my personal favorites with my family.
-Balmoral
-Vieux St Martin
Place du Grand Sablon 38, 1000 Bruxelles. 02 512 64 76
-Canterburry
Av. de l'Hippodrome 2, 1050 Ixelles. 02.646.83.93
-Il giardino
-La Gioconda

3.  Cravings
-Lilicup (cool cupcakes, you can even organize an afternoon to decorate cupcakes)
www.lilicup.com
-Le Pain quotidien (amazing brownies)
www.lepainquotidien.be
-Zizi (good ice cream)
www.glacierzizi.be
-Belgaufra (warm and sweet waffles)
www.belgaufra.com
-Coffee company (good for a little break)
www.coffee-company.be
-Guapa (good for a healthy stop, yummi fresh juices)
www.guapajuice.com
-Wittamer (best desserts of Brussels)
4.  Rainy days
-Clay café. This is good for rainy days. My kids made me tea-cups, mugs, bowls and plates…I use them for my breakfast everyday, it is so cute with lots of hearts and love.
www.cramic.be
-Bowling. We’ve been practicing with the Wii for quite a while and I thought it was time to go for the real thing. Well, my little girl rocks at it!!! The boys are still a bit young, but it is good to have one-on-one activities once in a while!
www.bowlfactory.be
www.crosly.be

5.  Psychomotricity
-Little gym. I’ve been there with all 3 of them, it is good for them socially and for their psychomotricity. I’ve organized birthdays there and they have holiday programs.
www.thelittlegym-eu.com
-Bamba. Plenty of different activities for kids, music, story sessions….
6.  Boating
Whenever the weather allows it, these places are so good. One of my favorite activity when I was little. Both places have restaurants, so also good for a small bite, ice cream or just a drink.
-Bois de la Cambre, Chalêt Robinson
www.chaletrobinson.be

7.  Indoors playgrounds 
Very useful in Belgium, I don’t know what we would do without them…
-Kids factory
www.kidsfactory.be
-Stardust Park
www.stardustpark.be

8.  Amusement parks
Always fun no matter your age…

9.  Animal and fun parks
-Plankendael
www.planckendael.be
-The Antwerp Zoo
www.zooantwerpen.be

10.  My personal favorite Outside Brussels
Knokke.
I love this town, I’ve been going there ever since I was a little girl, this place is heaven for kids. You can rent miniature kids push car or electrical bikes…you can play mini golf. They have the best ice cream place (La Poste)...And also the best waffle place (Marie Siska) with a huge playground. There are all these little café and playgrounds on the beach…Allows you to enjoy a sunny day while your kids have fun. There is also a bird reserve that you can tour (Zwin)…You can rent bikes and have ride, it is worth the detour as the landscape is really beautiful!
www.knokke-heist.info 




For those who couldn't find their happiness on my blog, I often look on the following web site  
http://www.lepetitmoutard.be/


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner