Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yummy summer salads!!!


Summer is finally here! Even if when I look out the window I'm not really convinced, it is there! I love this season, people seem happier, fruits are tastier, everything looks better! 
With the warm weather comes salad time! As I want to spend as much time as possible enjoying the sun, I do my best to avoid loosing time in the kitchen...Here is my top 3 salads... As always easy and quick to prepare!
You'll see apples a lot in my preparations, I find that their sweetness adds something to the salad...For the dressing I almost always use the same, quite plain...My belief is that you have to taste the ingredients not the dressing. If you want to vary a little bit, add some herbs such as flat parsley, basil, tarragon, .... I also sometimes add nuts (any kind I feel like) or almonds.

Corn salad ( a special treat from my lovely sister-in-law, she shared it with me last year, it became my favorite, so thanks Alison!)
Ingredients:
4 corns on a cob, a bunch of green onions (sliced), salt and pepper, olive oil
Preparation:
Grate the corn off the cob. Put the sliced onions in a pan with the olive oil, stir for a minute or two and add the corn. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, add salt and pepper and serve.

Fennel and apple salad 
Ingredients:
2-3 fennels, 1 apple, dressing, salt and pepper
Preparation:
Use the heart of the fennels, taste better. Dice them into little cubes and same thing with the apple. Mix them together with the dressing (mustard, apple vinegar and oil), salt and pepper and that's it.

Chicory, cheese and apple salad
Ingredients:
5 chicories (sliced), 1 piece of cheese (diced), (not too strong, I use Gouda), 1 apple (diced), dressing, salt and pepper
Preparation:
Put all the ingredients together and mix with the dressing salt and pepper!


Easy done, I hope you'll like them,
enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner